Change it Up - Entrepreneur ran from 2012 - 2015 (3 sessions). It combined high impact training and hands‐on entrepreneurial experience to help unemployed, multi‐barriered youth (18‐30) prepare for employment/self employment. The full-time program took participants step-by-step through starting their own business and building the skills they need to succeed.
- 52 participants completed the program (94% retention)
- 33 new businesses are operating in the community
- 83% of all participants (52) are employed and/or self‐employed
- Demonstrated increases in numeracy and literacy skills (aggregated pre/post testing)
- Increases in multiple entrepreneurial outcome indicators e.g. Confidence, Business Planning, Presentation Skills, Business Communication, Constructive Thinking, Financial Management
- Significant and meaningful reductions in Marijuana use (33%) and Other Substance Abuse (71%) (aggregated pre/post testing)
Are you interested in bringing this program to your community?
Fill out our contact form to start the discussion.
This site is still under development.